Re: No USB Keyboard if USB Scanner Plugged in on boot

Subject: Re: No USB Keyboard if USB Scanner Plugged in on boot
From: Richard Petty (techie@austin.rr.com)
Date: Sun Dec 17 2000 - 12:10:55 MST

That's actually very interesting. I installed Yellow Dog last August and booted my
Lombard PowerBook on September 1st. It remained running for 106 days, until I
brought it down early this morning 'cause I wanted to.

The deal is, it had been so long since I last booted it that I forgot the special
step necessary to get it to recognize my keyboard and mouse.

In my case, I had to unplug my external keyboard and mouse until the Linux boot
process was complete. THEN I can plug them in and have them recognized.

It sounds to me like you and I might be experiencing a related phenomena...

--Richard