Re: PowerMac 8600 with Sonnet ATA PCI Card

Subject: Re: PowerMac 8600 with Sonnet ATA PCI Card
From: Nathan A. Zobrist (zobie@citypride.net)
Date: Mon Dec 03 2001 - 14:47:07 MST

Paul,

Thanks for the advice, but I am still having troubles. I made a small boot
partition on the IDE drive and am able to start into Mac OS 9 just fine and
I can use bootx to start the linux install. I unplugged all drives except
for the CD-ROM and the IDE drive. But, when I get to the partitioning step
in YDL install, it tells me that there are no hard drives found.

I am trying to install YDL 2.1 with kernel 2.4.10-12a selected in bootx.
What are you using? Would a different kernel be better?

Thanks,
Nate