High memory ?

Subject: High memory ?
From: Christopher Murtagh (christopher.murtagh@mcgill.ca)
Date: Thu Dec 06 2001 - 09:24:22 MST

 If I want to build a kernel that will run on a machine with 1 GB of RAM,
do I need to enable the High Memory config option or is this something
different? I'm only asking because it's labled as experimental, so if I
don't need it, I'd rather not. Anyone else have a kernel running on more
than 768 MB of RAM that wasn't compiled with the High Memory option?

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh Webmaster / Sysadmin Web Communications Group McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada

Tel.: (514) 398-3122 Fax: (514) 398-2017