RE: wallstreet lockup

Subject: RE: wallstreet lockup
From: Heather Donahue (heatherd@sonic.net)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 16:11:14 MST

At 3:53 PM -0700 on 12/12/01, Charlie Watts wrote:

>Sorry, I really should have made some mention of APM-style power saving.
>Just displaying black leaves the backlight on, which isn't any better than
>just leaving the thing on normal display.
>
>I'm in the hard-earned habit of locking workstations when I get up from
>them, and I've just modified my habit on the notebook to turn the
>backlight off ...

and:

At 10:54 PM +0000 on 12/12/01, Iain Stevenson wrote:

>.. but that needs a screensaver that turns the backlight off rather than simply turning the LCD panel black in front of the backlight. I don't suppose the standard xscreensaver does this.
>
> Iain

I'll have to check that out on my Pismo. I usually only run YDL on my iMac. It has KDE 2.2.1 and I upgraded to the Fuji release.

My Pismo has my original YDL 2.0 release on it and isn't upgraded at all. I can tell if the backlight is on by the white Apple symbol but I rarely boot the Pismo in YDL.

Is there a manual method of turning off the backlight?

--
Heather Donahue