Sound and modem on TiPB Kernel 2.4

Subject: Sound and modem on TiPB Kernel 2.4
From: badpenguin (badpenguin@ie-commerce.net)
Date: Tue Dec 18 2001 - 01:28:19 MST

Dear all,

Has anybody got the modem, audio cd-roms and kde to generate sound under
kernel 2.4.XX, I have tried various kernels right up to the bleeding edge,
and can I get it to work.... Why does the 2.2 kernel generate sound???.

Any help in this matter would be much appreciated, I love YDL2.1 but I just
want to get it complete, then maybe I could bin OS X (oh no, I still need a
DVD player).

Many thanks in advance

Chris

This message has been checked for all known viruses by UUNET delivered
http://www.uk.uu.net/products/security/virus/