Unexplained freezes

Subject: Unexplained freezes
From: Mark Jaffe (wizards@wizdev.net)
Date: Sat Dec 29 2001 - 00:50:18 MST

Has anyone else experienced what I have been - system locks up dead? The
downside to this is a trip to my ISP where the system is currently
undergoing burn-in. When I got there today I could not wake it up and had to
force a restart. Examination of the system log showed it was in the middle
of a cron.hourly task.

I also cannot perform yup correctly. Has anyone been able to get this to
work? Is there a directory one has to be in when it is invoked?

System is a PowerMac 8500, cpu is NewerTech dual-604e @ 225MHz, 208MB RAM,
kernel is 2.4.15 compiled on the system to support RTL8139 NIC.

Mark
Mark Jaffe | (408) 972-9638 (home)
Chief Wizard | (408) 807-1530 (cell/page/voicemail)
Computer Wizards | (425) 795-6421 (FAX)
wizards@wizdev.net | http://www.wizdev.net/