Re: yaboot fails to start install

Subject: Re: yaboot fails to start install
From: Gordon Neault (gordo-x@shaw.ca)
Date: Mon Dec 31 2001 - 10:41:01 MST

You cannot use Mac OSX to burn the disk.
What you have is exactly as the error message told you you have, an
"unknown" filesystem. The disk burner in OSX burns HFS+/ISO 9660 hybrid
disks.
You must use a burner (Like Toast full) which will burn a HFS/ISO 9660
disk.
HFS (also, HFS Standard) is recognised by Linux
HFS+ (also known as HFS Extended) is not.