"Converting" LinuxPPC to YDL?

Subject: "Converting" LinuxPPC to YDL?
From: Marc Stergionis (stermarc@home.com)
Date: Mon Feb 05 2001 - 12:37:05 MST

After some fits and starts, I was able to get LinuxPPC2000 on a Power
Computing 8100 clone. This setup uses the 2.4 kernel ported by the
nubus-pmac team. (Never could get CS1.2.1 to install on this machine
using the sourceforge install kernel.)

I have purchased the CS1.2.1 CD set and would like to run YDL on all my
machines. Is there a way to "convert/upgrade/improve" this LinuxPPC
install to YDL? When I try to use the installer to "upgrade" it tells me
"no rpm database exists" and rpm -rebuilddb didn't seem to change that.

Can I just install yup to accomplish this? (The X installer warns of a
dependency for lib.gmp that doesn't appear to be on the CS1.2.1 CD)

-ms

---------------
Marc Stergionis
Community Relations & website author
Reachable at: 406.455.5462 or benefis@benefis.org
Fax: 406.455.4184

Benefis Healthcare ... Compassionate Care -- The Family Choice

East Campus West Campus
1101 26th St. S. 500 15th Ave. S.
Great Falls, MT 59405 Great Falls, MT 59405
                    406.455.5000
                  www.benefis.org