XF86Config on Mac PowerPC Performa 6500/180

Subject: XF86Config on Mac PowerPC Performa 6500/180
From: Joe DiFerio (jdiferio@wvu.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 21 2001 - 15:07:49 MST

I am having problems starting the X server on my Performa 6500/180. When I run Xconfigurator it probes and finds a valkyrie with 307k of video memory and I put the correct monitor in and I select 8-bit 640X480. But, I have a problem when I run startx. I get Monitor section keyword expected. X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown). I have a Multitiple Scan 15 Display. Can any one help?
Thanks in advance
Joe