RE: Modem Configuration

Subject: RE: Modem Configuration
From: Joe Villari (joev_nylxs@pipeline.com)
Date: Fri Feb 01 2002 - 08:45:02 MST

Kevin

Thanks for the input but it did work. I still get a modem busy error
message from kppp and wvdial is unable to initialize the modem.

/dev/modem is not a valid link and /dev/ttys0 - /dev/ttys3 always
result in the same busy modem error message in kppp.

Originally ls -l /dev/ttyS0 returned:
crw-rw-rw- 1 root uucp 4, 64 Oct
4 09:31 /dev/ttyS0

I changed ls -l /dev/ttyS0 to: