Re: device mounting (cd-rw

Subject: Re: device mounting (cd-rw
From: Scott Frankel (leknarf@pacbell.net)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 21:41:27 MST

I'll hazard a guess: your CD-RW drive uses FireWire. As far as I know,
FireWire support is in its infancy under Linux. Unless someone else has
another suggestion, I think you're SOL.

I too have a FireWire CD-RW drive that'd be nice to use ;) For the time
being, I tar the files I want to backup, then mv them to my HFS (MacOS)
partition. Reboot, then burn. It's a pain, but it works.

Good luck!
Scott