another CD-RW question

Subject: another CD-RW question
From: Scott Frankel (leknarf@pacbell.net)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 21:49:29 MST

While sort of on the topic, I'm suffering a CD-RW bug on my PowerBook, Pismo;
and I'm wondering if it might be related to the dual-boot MacOS 9.1 and YDL.

When I burn a disk (under MacOS -- it's a FireWire drive), I get verification
errors. I'm told this indicates bus problems. Same drive works just fine on
our single-boot, MacOS 9.1 iMac, runnign the same software.

Could the errors be a result of early yaboot'ing via OF? Anything in the
YDL1.2 or 2.0 installs that might affect bus stability under MacOS?

TIA -
Scott