Re: compiling PPC kernel on i386

Subject: Re: compiling PPC kernel on i386
From: Christopher Murtagh (christopher.murtagh@mcgill.ca)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 14:10:16 MST

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Andrew Gaffney wrote:
>my 6100 is the opposite. I can only get MkLinux booter to load the Mach
>Kernel. BootX gives me colored snow when i try to load the vmlinux that
>comes with YDL 2.1 install

 That's because the kernel that ships with YDL does not support nubus
powermacs. You need a kernel that works on nubus machines.

 Also, please don't quote entire messages when replying to the list when
it isn't necessary, cut and paste is your friend. :-) Thanks.

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh Webmaster / Sysadmin Web Communications Group McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada

Tel.: (514) 398-3122 Fax: (514) 398-2017