OT: Question with using two pointing devices at the same time.

Subject: OT: Question with using two pointing devices at the same time.
From: Ferwerda Darren (app3dxf) (app3dxf@ups.com)
Date: Wed Feb 13 2002 - 13:35:36 MST

I can use both my internal trackpad and a usb mouse at the same time in YDL.
The internal uses the ADB driver, to the best of my knowledge. The usb uses
the usb mouse driver, obviously. Both devices map to the /dev/input/mice
device file. I am trying to get the same functionality on a Redhat based
X86 machine. I can get the usb mouse device to map to /dev/input/mice,
however, I cannot get the PS/2 mouse to map to it as well. Would anyone
here have any idea, because I have tried recompiling with the new input
core, and I still cannot get it working. This obviously is a very nice
feature, and I just cannot figure out how to get it to work. In YDL
/dev/mouse is a symlink to /dev/input/mice, incase that is raised. I
deleted the /dev/mouse file entry, and symlinked it to the mice device. Any
help would be appreciated.

Darren Ferwerda
United Parcel Service
Infrastructure QA