Re: Config w/ earthlink DSL

Subject: Re: Config w/ earthlink DSL
From: johnathan spectre (jspectre@lords.com)
Date: Thu Feb 14 2002 - 12:58:42 MST

* shane Hale <ShaneHale7@mac.com> [021302 13:59]:
> Here is some other information
> My IP address is provided by a PPP server as well as the router address.
> I have to DNS servers, a primary and secondary as well as PPPoE password
> adn account name. Any ideas how to do this?

set it up just like any other ppp link, just specify your eth interface instead of a modem. you also have to make sure you have a kernel that supports pppoe as well as the latest pppd (which supports pppoe). then just bring up the ppp line and all is happy. not sure if the default kernel/pppd on YDL support pppoe, i use my linux pc box to do my home firewall/routing and my powerbook/ydl for my real work. be sure you have iptables (or ipchains) set up to firewall for you or you'll have a lot of unwelcomed visitors.

--js