USB Instability on YDL 2.1

Subject: USB Instability on YDL 2.1
From: Cesar Cardoso (cesarcardoso@skydome.net)
Date: Sat Feb 16 2002 - 15:51:51 MST

PowerMac 5500/250, 128MB memory, dburcaw's kernel 2.4.18-0.5c, but also
happens with stock 2.4.10-12a.

I have a no-name Lucent-chipset based USB PCI card. Plugged on it, I
have a USB-Ethernet adapter and a hub; on this hub I have a USB mouse
and a USB PenDrive.

On MacOS, everything works like a charm (the USB-Ethernet doesn't work
at all on MacOS).
On Linux, sometimes it "hangs". When this happens with the Ethernet
adapter, I just unplug and plug it again; when it happens with the hub,
sometimes I have to even restart the system to make it work again.
Any ideas on this? Thanks in advance.

--
- Cesar
fudeblog.blig.ig.com.br