A strange problem at boot wth Open Firmware

Subject: A strange problem at boot wth Open Firmware
From: Riccardo Gusso (grick@mac.com)
Date: Thu Feb 21 2002 - 17:03:16 MST

I' m trying to configure dual boot with ofboot.b and yaboot in an imac G3
slot loading, but this funny things happens: if I start in Open Firmware and
then from OF I give the command 'boot hd:9,ofboot.b' the script works and it
shows me the alternatives 'M' for MacOs and 'L' for Linux, and then pressing
L yaboot starts and the iMac boots in Linux.
If I try to automatize this task setting in OF 'setenv boot-device
hd:9,ofboot.b', at the next reboot I have again the screen with the
alternatives 'M' for MacOs and 'L' for Linux, but if I press L the iMac
keeps on booting in MacOs...
Did anybody hear anything about this strange problem?
Bye.
 Rick