startx problem

Subject: startx problem
From: Dave Warner (davewarner@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Feb 22 2002 - 16:31:15 MST

Hi all-

I have this small problem with startx. The first time I used it, I got a
'no screens found' error. I was able to track the error down -- my
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file had the wrong HorizSync in it. Once I went in
and edited it, I was able to launch X without a problem. However, whenever
I shutdown, the next time I start up, XF86Config-4 has reverted to the bad
value. Where is this file getting edited from? What file do I need to edit
to fix this problem?

Thanks.

dave.