rs/6000 kernel help

Subject: rs/6000 kernel help
From: Kevin Hall (kevinhall@indxhq.com)
Date: Thu Jan 04 2001 - 17:56:43 MST

After compiling a kernel, which files do I put where? Right now I have tried
putting /usr/src/linux/arch/ppc/chrpboot/zImage into my PReP partition by
running "dd if=./zImage of=/dev/sda1" and then I put System.map into /boot
and I don't know what to put for the /boot/zImage symbolic link, but I've
tried everything I can think of. I have gotten various errors, but the one
that is farthest along the booting process ends with "calling quiesce...".
I've tested kernel 2.2.17 thoroughly and lightly tried to get 2.2.15,
2.2.18, and even 2.4.0prerelease but I never get linux to boot.

Thanks,
Kevin