Re: System Disk Maintenence

Subject: Re: System Disk Maintenence
From: Bryn Hughes (linux@demian.shacknet.nu)
Date: Tue Jan 16 2001 - 12:34:24 MST

I guess nightly is a little excessive. Really I'd just like to at least
have a weekly check/repair of the file system. I HAVE had a couple of
occasions where things have gone a little quirky with my drive... and since
the server is almost never rebooted, it doesn't have much of an opportunity
to check itself. I know right now there's some problems on one of my
partitions, but I can't take down the server during the day to do repairs,
and I'm not on site after hours, so it has to be a cron job if if involves
stopping networking.

What do you do for disk maintenance?

Bryn