Re: HELP! Long ping times under Yellow Dog Linux

Subject: Re: HELP! Long ping times under Yellow Dog Linux
christopher.murtagh@wcg.mcgill.ca
Date: Sat Jan 20 2001 - 12:40:33 MST

On Sat, 20 Jan 2001, Gawain Reifsnyder wrote:
>That's reassuring to hear. There's a variety of other files in the
>2.2.18 ftp directory... Do I need to install any of those too? (If
>yes, in what order?)

 Yes, grab dev-2.7.18-3c.ppc.rpm and mouseconfig-4.4-1c.ppc.rpm as
well. As per the readme, you then do the following:

rpm -Uvh kernel-2.2.18-8a.ppc.rpl dev-[etc.] mouseconfig-[etc]

 ie. the whole command on one line. The [etc] is the rest of the dev and
mouseconfig RPM name. Afterwards, run mouseconfig, place the vmlinux file
over your current one (probably in the MacOS partition, which you can
mount in linux). Then reboot.

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh Webmaster / Web Communications Group McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada