Re: yup update problem

Subject: Re: yup update problem
From: Philip Good (phil@redplanetx.com)
Date: Wed Jan 24 2001 - 14:19:21 MST

Thanks.

I do like yup but I'm finding that I've got so many hosed up
dependencies it's taking me quite a while to be able to get my system
fixed up so I can even use it. I've manged to get my BlueG3 fixed up and
and "yupped" now I'm working on my Pismo. Maybe you can help with the
following depenency failure when I run yup update

libbz2.so.0 for package gnome-core ( I assume all my other gnome stuff
too).

I've got bzip2-1.0.1-2 installed and that gives me libbz2.so.1, which is
required by some other packages, like ImageMagick. So, right now, I
can't run yup unless I degrade bzip2 and remove the packages that reuire
the libbz2.so.1.

gnome seems to run OK even though I don't have the libbz2.so.0 that it
depends on. Is there a way to change this dependency?

Thanks for any ideas.

Phil

> On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 01:22:40AM -0700, Philip Good wrote:
> >I'm trying to use "yup update" but keep getting the following error:
> >
> >Unable to satisfy dependency rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
for
> >package libmng
> >
> >using xrpm I can't find any traces of rpm4 or rpmlib. I do have rpm
3.05
> >installed as well as libmng-0.9.2-1.
>
> The rpmlib() dependencies are part of rpm 3.0.5 and higher. The
latest
> version of yup handles these dependencies, you can get it from here:

ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/updates/champion-1.2/ppc/RPMS/yup-0.6.6-2.noarch.rpm

> Normally when running `yup update` it would update itself
automatically,

--
Philip Good
Red Planet Development, Red Canyon Software, Good Chi Tai Chi