Re: yup update problem

Subject: Re: yup update problem
From: Bryan Stillwell (bstill@terraplex.com)
Date: Wed Jan 24 2001 - 15:53:23 MST

I actually ran into this problem while working on YDL 2.0. Normally an
ordinary user wouldn't experience this problem, because to have this
problem show up your would have had to installed bzip2 1.0.1-2 with the
--force option sent to rpm. If you didn't do this yourself it may have
been caused by the helixcode installer if you've ever used it.

If you don't want to downgrade bzip2 and all the packages that require
libbz2.so.1 you can download the SRPMs for all the packages that require
libbz2.so.0 and rebuild them so they will use libbz2.so.1. That may be
a rather hefty project though, and you may just want to wait till YDL
2.0 is released and upgrade then.

Bryan

--
  Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.           | Software Engineer
  http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/   | bstill@terraplex.com