Re: Directory url for YDL ftp install?

Subject: Re: Directory url for YDL ftp install?
From: Marc Stergionis (stermarc@home.com)
Date: Fri Jan 26 2001 - 11:20:10 MST

At 1/26/01 10:57 AM, Takashi Oe from the digital address
toe@unlserve.unl.edu typed these wise words:

>On 1/26/01 11:30 AM, Marc Stergionis wrote:
>
>> 2. Rebooted the same machine under YDL installer and tried the long
>> address from Hollis ... I still got "unable to retrieve 2nd stage
>> ramdisk. Failed to connect to server"
>
>Make sure the address ends with "ppc/". It should not include "YellowDog/"
>bit.
>

>Takashi Oe

Nah, still connection failure with an url ending in "ppc/" even though
the Mac side gets that directory via ftp client.

Maybe just can't get to it in linux from here ...

ms

"Just because it's your job don't make it right"
--Paul Newman, being thrown in solitary yet again, in "Cool Hand Luke"
Marc Stergionis
Community Relations & website author
Benefis Healthcare www.benefis.org
"Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer."