"make modules" doesn't work

Subject: "make modules" doesn't work
From: Andy Hocker (hocker@fnal.gov)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2002 - 11:16:15 MST

Hi,

I found out I need to hack a module to get my digital camera
to work. When I do "make modules", however, I get a message
saying that the kernel wasn't built with loadable module support
and that I need to rebuild my kernel with this enabled. Well,
this seems like a lie because my kernel is the default YDL 2.1
and who in their right mind builds a kernel without loadable
module support? And in fact if I look at the .config (I think
it's the right one) loadable modules is definitely enabled.
Is there something I need to do before "make modules?" Like
make dep, or make clean, or make mrproper, or....?

Thanks,
Andy

Andy Hocker office: CDF trailer 168-O
University of Rochester phone: (630)-840-8622
Fermilab/CDF - M.S. 318 fax: (630)-840-2968
PO Box 500 e: hocker@fnal.gov
Batavia, IL 60510 hey ho: let's go