Re: Install Problems YDL2.1 on a beige G3

Subject: Re: Install Problems YDL2.1 on a beige G3
From: david wright (dwright5@nyc.rr.com)
Date: Sat Jan 05 2002 - 02:43:57 MST

you wrote:
  "but then bombs out when trying to transfer the packages. I

-Interesting, this is kind of re-confirming for me.

I had the same problem on my G4. I tried installing from the YDL CD at
least 5 consecutive times with same message. (gui based install -
developer workstation) It would get to the installing packages window,
sit for a few moments then give me that error, (*"Errors running
transaction set Please correct this manually" - but there are no
options to do anything). I got really sick of it, finally i just started
backtracking to the partition disk section again and would delete the
partitions i had just created (only the linux partitions of course) then
re-create them again either identically or with a slight variation (i.e.
ext2 = 1.7MB or 1.8MB etc) and proceed forward through the installation
from there again.

After about 3 times of this approach the package transferral worked and
i've had a "trouble-free" (my mistakes not included) YDL and filesystem
since.

*This error actually seems to come up a lot installing YDL, i have
searched the archives, (especially lately) it may be a YLD distribution
glich.