Problem with Asante Fast Ethernet card

Subject: Problem with Asante Fast Ethernet card
From: Bryan Dyck (bdyck@mac.com)
Date: Tue Jan 08 2002 - 19:04:45 MST

Hi!

I recently jumped back into the strange and wonderful world of Linux after
a long-ish hiatus, and have run into some problems with my machine.

The installation process went fine, booting with the 2.4.10-12a kernel,
except that I get no network connectivity using my Asante Fast Ethernet
card. From what I can tell, there appears to be a driver conflict of some
sort - the Asante shows up in /proc/pci as a Linksys LNE100 card, which
seems fine, except that checking /proc/ioports shows that the Linksys
driver and the Tulip driver are wanting the same port range. Just for fun,
I checked /proc/modules to see if by chance the Tulip driver was loaded as
a module, but no such luck...

Do I need to recompile the kernel in order to resolve this issue or is
there a different way to go about it? (Not that I'm really averse to
compiling a new kernel, however)

Thanks in advance!