RE: Traceroute doesn't work

Subject: RE: Traceroute doesn't work
From: Gordon Neault (gordo-x@shaw.ca)
Date: Fri Jan 11 2002 - 07:50:45 MST

Some notes re: traceroute. I have no idea if they can help, or even
apply to your situation. It's just that the LinuxPPC and YDL lists both
have a thread named "Traceroute doen't work", so here is the stuff from
LinuxPPC, in abbreviated form.

Erik wrote:
If you are using a firewall it might very well be blocking your
traceroute
traffic.

Kiran wrote:
My old ISP used to block ICMP traffic thus I could not ping or
traceroute in or out. This may be on your end with your system
configuration (firewall or otherwise).ICMP is usualy allowed by default.