Installing Yellow Dog

Subject: Installing Yellow Dog
From: Ray Fryer (r.fyr@verizon.net)
Date: Fri Jan 11 2002 - 08:32:24 MST

Boy, I wonder how many will install Yellow Dog after all the
documentation. It appears to be a long way from being easy to
install, although I have done a successful burn of "YDL-2.1". I don't
like that you just can't simply use HFS+. I would not want to
install my Hard drive HFS for OS 9 but keep yellow completely by
itself on a partition on it's own. I'm wondering whether it might be
better to install it using virtual PC. Has there been any success
doing this?

alternate e-mail: rfyr@mail.com

Beige G3 Desktop w/Motorola ZIF 466mhz processor running 9.2.2, OS
X.1 Rev B ROM DIMM, 544mb RAM, Apple 48x CD rom -- external yamaha
CDRW 6x4x16, ADS USB card, ixMicro card, MS optical wheel mouse
(MacSense 4 port DSL router)