Re: powerbook g4 problem

Subject: Re: powerbook g4 problem
From: chris bragg (chrisbragg@moviemarket.co.uk)
Date: Wed Jan 16 2002 - 01:46:08 MST

On Tuesday 15 January 2002 11:27, you wrote:
> I've just come off fighting with this for a week. YDL 2.1 doesn't properly
> support the Radeon in new TiBooks. I installed the benh 2.4.18-pre3 kernel
> from http://www.ppckernel.org/, downloaded XFree 4.2 from CVS and modified
> XF86Config to use the "radeon" driver. Now sound is broken, but I can live
> with that while I try to fix it.
>
> I'm surprised you got 8 bit working -- that was scrambled for me too. Email
> me if you have any questions.
>
> >I just installed yellow dog on my new powerbook g4 yesterday. so far,
> >everything works fine, but I can't
> >seem to get out of 8-bit color mode. is there a workaround or fix for this
> >problem?
> >
> >will

Well when you get sound to work using a 2,4 kernel on a Ti PB we would all
like to know how... Been trying to do that for ages, I think sound is broken
in kernel 2.4 still have to try out alsa yet, haven't had time.

This message has been checked for all known viruses by UUNET delivered
http://www.uk.uu.net/products/security/virus/