Re: Beige Sound Trouble 101

Subject: Re: Beige Sound Trouble 101
From: Iain Stevenson (iain@iainstevenson.com)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 04:51:15 MST

--On Thursday, January 17, 2002 5:11 am -0600 Tehrasha Darkon
<darkon@netins.net> wrote:

>> There seems to be everything in your post except the kernel version.
>
> Whoops! missed that. Its the generic 2.4.x that is packaged with YDL-2.1

Ah, that one used to work for me but I've since upgraded (2.4.17-ben0)
because the memory management seems a little more friendly in newer
kernels.

> I only updated my mac to 9.1 recently. Up untill that point I had
> flawless interchange between 8.6 and YDL. Even MOL was working w/ sound
> and all. Then I installed OS 9.1 and suddenly I had no sound under YDL
> anymore. So there must be something that OS9 initializes (or doesnt) in
> the hardware that is differant than the way 8.6 does, and linux aquires
> it during boot.
>
> Its got me stumped...

Me too - maybe one for the OF gurus.

> Every attempt ive made at compiling my own has resulted in build errors
> of one sort or another, so I think ill try snagging a new one.

Make sure you start from an absolutely clean source - "make mrproper"
before doing anything else. I've had no sound myself until I did this.

  Iain