Can't install YDL 2.1 on B&W

Subject: Can't install YDL 2.1 on B&W
From: Ed (ed@wang.org)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 18:41:31 MST

Hi, I just purchased YDL 2.1 direct from YDL (I thought I'd support
them). I boot from the install CD and start to install, but after the
question about the keyboard type, I get a message saying "The
installer was unable to mount the CD/DVD". If I hit "OK", it asks me
to "Please insert the Yellow Dog Install CD into the CD/DVD drive".
This fails again. I can't seem to get past this point in the install.

If I hit option-F3 to see the console, I see an error message,
"System Error: (22, 'Invalid argument')"

Since I booted from the install CD, I don't see how it is unable to
mount it.

My system is a 400MHz B&W G3 (rev 1 motherboard). The main hard drive
is a 2.5 GB with OS 9.2.1 installed (HFS+). I added a Sonnet Tempo
IDE card and added a 40GB hard drive on controller 1. Its partitioned
into to 20 GB partitions with OS 10.1 on the first partition (HFS+).
The second partition is unallocated.

TIA,
        Ed Wang