Re: Webmin does not work

Subject: Re: Webmin does not work
From: Terry Allen (hmag@ozemail.com.au)
Date: Wed Jan 23 2002 - 01:06:13 MST

>I am still clueless on the subject after spending the last three hours
>R'ing every F'ing M I could find. They all say the same thing...
>
>1)install the rpm.
>2)log in to localhost...:10000/
>
>I've installed webmin under 4 different os's, on three different machines.
>Two versions of YDL, and two RH PC's. It has done the same thing every
>time, which is absolutely nothing. The browser is invariably unable to
>connect. This must be so basic of a mistake that no one even bothers to
>mention it. At the same time, if there are some prerequisites, why are
>they never mentioned? I've tried every permutation of localhost that I can
>think of, {hostname}, $HOSTNAME, IP address, you name it. The result is
>always the same. It also fails to work between two networked machines that
>I am quite sure can see each other.
>
>What am I missing???
>
>--
>Carl Brown cbsled@ncia.net
>There are very few personal problems
>that cannot be solved by the
>proper application of high explosives.

Hi Carl,
        I wrote a beginner's guide that the Yellow Dog team put on it's
website - I did the install from the source tarball & installed SSL (have
you tried accessing port 10000 by the URL https://yourhost.com:10000 -
*note the https*)
        I haven't ever installed Webmin via the RPM, but have had no
problems using the source - give it a try that way.

        Bye for now, Terry Allen
hEARd

Postal Address:
        hEARd
        c/o 128 The Entrance Rd
        The Entrance
        NSW 2261
        Australia

Internet -
        WWW:
        http://heard.com.au or http://www.ozemail.com.au/~hmag
        http://hosting.heard.com.au

Interactive Message Board - http://heard.com.au/wwwboard/

EMAIL: (checked every Thursday & Sunday, sometimes more often)
hmag@ozemail.com.au

Non profit promotion for new music
Also, check out the Educate site - http://www.educate.net.au