Re: trouble with OS X and YDL2.1

Subject: Re: trouble with OS X and YDL2.1
From: Gordon Neault (gordo-x@shaw.ca)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2002 - 12:00:50 MST

Might be related to OSX as ufs, I don't know. Apple recommends this only
for OSX Server; I would be using HFS+ if it were me.
Have you tried starting up with the "Option" key pressed (wait a while, it
takes time) and seeing what options you have? You should see OSX, OS9 and
Linux if all is well, and should be able to choose any one (gotta use the
mouse, after the cursor stops playing around).
If you see two Linux HD icons, then your Linux bootloader is on 2 virtual
partitions (dev/hda9 and dev/hda13). Get rid of one, I suggest losing
hda13. That way you will know for sure that yaboot is working on this
particular partition.
You don't mention it, but you can't use a partition greater than hda16 on
any of these OS's.
I am wondering a bit about your partition map; what is before hda11?
If you can boot into OSX, check your partition map: Disk Copy will show it
to you if you go to: [menu] Image: New Image From Device: and click the
arrow in the window that appears. Select "Cancel" to dismiss the window.