trouble with OS X and YDL2.1

Subject: trouble with OS X and YDL2.1
From: Joerg Fritsch (joerg.fritsch@planet-interkom.de)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2002 - 11:45:29 MST

Hello,

I have a Cube and OSX is installed in /dev/hda11 (ufs). OS 9.1 is
installed in /dev/hda12 (hfs), /dev/hda13 (and hda9 also, I wonder why)
is a OSX BootLoader. Actually when taking a look into these slices they
only have a yaboot.conf / ofwboot. Finally /dev/hda14 is swap and
/dev/hda15 is linux (ext2),

O.K. ... everything is fine, I can boot into linx. When I change for the
first time to OS X everything is fine, but afterwards I can not boot
into YDL any more. I Have to rewrite yaboot / ybin and then it starts
again. After I have rewritten yaboot / ybin I can not boot into OSX any
more. I have to do a fake install (starting the install disk / installer
without installing any packages actually) ... and then I can boot into
OS X, but NOT into YDL.

Is there a workaround. Can I hold down command-option-o-f whilst booting
and giving / specifying the desired boot slice ? Is there any cure ??

Thanks.
--Joerg