Re: trouble with OS X and YDL2.1

Subject: Re: trouble with OS X and YDL2.1
From: Gordon Neault (gordo-x@shaw.ca)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2002 - 14:46:26 MST

Well, maybe someone familiar with OSX and UFS can field this one for sure,
  but it appears to me that you have 3 Linux bootstrap partitions (the
small partition that YDL uses to boot linux, which has yaboot, etc on it).
The partition at hda13 is correctly named and SHOULD be the actual
bootstrap, but I am suspicous of the ones at hda9 and hda10. Maybe wait
and see if anyone out there with UFS/OSX can confirm this.

Partitions 1 through 8 are normal and should not be tampered with as long
as you intend to run some kind of MacOS on the machine. I am a little
confused by 9 and 10, but it is curious that the HFS partition (which
would be the first "visible" partition in MacOS) follows these. It could
very well be that creating UFS might cause these to be created with the
Mac partitioner as well, and they might be necessary; it's out of my
experience.

Two questions for those familiar with UFS:
Are these part of the standard UFS format, and
Do they interfere with yaboot working properly?