Power Macintosh 7600/120 with Apple Colour Display Monitor

Subject: Power Macintosh 7600/120 with Apple Colour Display Monitor
From: David Marceau (dmarceau@metrowerks.com)
Date: Tue Jul 04 2000 - 09:05:46 MDT

I have installed Champion server on a Power Macintosh 7600/120 with Apple
Colour Display Monitor

Here is my partition configuration:
1)the "/" mount point is the main ydl linux partition located at /dev/sda8
2)the "/boot" mount point is the MAC OS HFS partition at /dev/sda5
3)the "swap" mount point is the swap partition partition at /dev/sda6

Here is my problem:
1)I log on as root
2)startx
3)
x font server failed
font path not found

I noticed when I did "ps -ef|grep xfs" that xfs wasn't running however when
I booted, it displayed "starting X font server". Hmmm.

I tried Xconfigurator, and every permutation and combination of this I try
gives no successful results. Hmmm.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for taking the time.

Santé bonheur,