Re: Can't boot to MacOS on G4/AGP w/ preinstalled drive

Subject: Re: Can't boot to MacOS on G4/AGP w/ preinstalled drive
adw612@casbah.it.northwestern.edu
Date: Sat Jul 08 2000 - 14:52:47 MDT

>What happens when you hold down the Option key when you power the machine
>on?
>
>Jeff Ridder
>jridder@gci.net

Thanks; that worked perfectly. A screen came up with an icon for my Mac hard drive and a little arrow button. I clicked on the arrow, and it booted the Mac OS. I had no idea you could do that. Thanks.

Now that I can boot to both, does anyone know how (or if) I can mount the Linux hard drive in Mac OS? Apple System profiler recognizes it, but says there are no volumes mounted. Or do I have to use an HFS partition on my Mac drive that can be recognized by Linux?

Andy

This message has been posted from Mail2Web http://www.mail2web.com/
Web Hosting for $9.95 per month! Visit: http://www.yourhosting.com/