Re: installing YDL: fstab e readonly filesystem

Subject: Re: installing YDL: fstab e readonly filesystem
From: Darron Froese (darron@fudgehead.com)
Date: Wed Jul 12 2000 - 15:24:55 MDT

on 7/12/00 7:09 AM, Pierluigi Ricci at pierluigi.ricci@rcs.it wrote:

> But that's not all: my root is only read and I can't write (as root).
>
> So I can't make the fstab file, because I can only read, and at the same
> time I can't get the permission for write, because I miss that fstab file.
>
> Please: what can I do? I'm spending all my time to make new installs. Help
> me!

This happened for me as well - what a pain - but it is fixable.

When you get to the shell prompt and find you can't write anything type
this:

mount -o remount,rw /your/mounted/filesystem/here

That should remount it in read/write mode and then you can recreate the
missing fstab file.

Hope that helps you out.

--
Darron