Re: Installing OpenSSH: help

Subject: Re: Installing OpenSSH: help
From: Brett Humphreys (bhumphre@p1.cs.ohiou.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 18 2000 - 08:21:33 MDT

Brock,
        i havn't tried openssh, primarily b/c i downloaded this and it
worked just fine. ftp://ftp.ssh.com/pub/ssh/ssh-1.2.30.tar.gz

here is what i did:
tar xvfz ssh-1.2.30.tar.gz
cd ssh-1.2.30
./configure
make
make install

it worked just fine for my box. Without any hastle and i've done it twice
now. Now this only comes with an ssh1 client. Which i'd guess that is
what your isp uses. I couldn't get ssh2 to compile. This also only
comes with the client.. so no ssh daemon

 -brett