Re: Language Paradigms (was RTFM Resources Wanted)

Subject: Re: Language Paradigms (was RTFM Resources Wanted)
From: Mari Masuda (mari@freeshell.org)
Date: Thu Jul 05 2001 - 17:55:10 MDT

Someone other than Robert Vogt IV said:

> > I think functional programming has certainly found its niche, but I'm
> > personally not particularly surprised that it does not have widespread
> > acceptance in the non-academic community the way C/C++/Java do.

You might find it interesting to read this article by Erann Gat at JPL
<http://www-aig.jpl.nasa.gov/public/home/gat/lisp-study.html>. It is a
comparison pitting Java, LISP, and C/C++ against one another.

Robert Vogt IV's electrons of Thursday 05 July 2001 09:59 translate to:

> Speaking of which, I'm looking for a good Common LISP implementation for
> YDL... do you or anyone else know of any?

www.lisp.org is a good starting point with a whole section on different LISP
implementations. Also, if you already have MCL you could try running it
under MOL. I think someone on the MCL mailing list said it works under MOL.

Mari

--
Mari Masuda                             \     /
mari@freeshell.org              .________\(O)/________.