Re: SMP help

Subject: Re: SMP help
From: Mark Jaffe (wizards@wizdev.net)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2001 - 09:41:20 MDT

On 7/6/01 7:31 AM, "Paul L. Peltz, Jr." <peltz@cs.utk.edu> wrote:

> I have the dual 533Mhz G4, and I installed yellow dog linux. All this works
> fine, but whenever I try to reboot after upgrading the kernel to 2.4.4-smp
> from the Tasty Morsels CD it locks up on the dmasound service that starts
> up. Is this a known bug? Has anyone else had this problem?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paul
>
> /*******************************************************************/
> Paul L Peltz, Jr.
> University of Tennessee, Knoxville Computer Science Dept. - ICL
> Computer Operations/System Programmer
> 865-974-1075
> http://www.cs.utk.edu/~peltz/

Well, I am glad (NOT!) to know that legacy machines like my dual-processor
8500 are not the only ones suffering from YDL 2.4.4 SMP problems. Does this
sound like something that has not been well tested?

Mark Jaffe | (408) 972-9638 (home)
Chief Wizard | (408) 807-1530 (cell/page/voicemail)
Computer Wizards | (425) 795-6421 (FAX)
wizards@wizdev.net | http://www.wizdev.net/