Re: SMP help

Subject: Re: SMP help
Bob_Fermin@averydennison.com
Date: Fri Jul 06 2001 - 10:00:32 MDT

hmmmm

     1) Gigabit ethernet card not supported
     2) SMP kernel gives trouble
     3) 1GB memory support not in standard kernel
     4) ?
     5) ?
     6) No response from TSS to my questions?
     7) waiting for 70+ days for distro?

Sound like Im a happy customer?

"Mark Jaffe" <wizards@wizdev.net> on 07/06/2001 08:41:20 AM

Please respond to yellowdog-general@lists.yellowdoglinux.com

To: yellowdog-general@lists.yellowdoglinux.com
cc:

On 7/6/01 7:31 AM, "Paul L. Peltz, Jr." <peltz@cs.utk.edu> wrote:

> I have the dual 533Mhz G4, and I installed yellow dog linux. All this
works
> fine, but whenever I try to reboot after upgrading the kernel to
2.4.4-smp
> from the Tasty Morsels CD it locks up on the dmasound service that
starts
> up. Is this a known bug? Has anyone else had this problem?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paul
>
> /*******************************************************************/
> Paul L Peltz, Jr.
> University of Tennessee, Knoxville Computer Science Dept. - ICL
> Computer Operations/System Programmer
> 865-974-1075
> http://www.cs.utk.edu/~peltz/

Well, I am glad (NOT!) to know that legacy machines like my dual-processor
8500 are not the only ones suffering from YDL 2.4.4 SMP problems. Does
this
sound like something that has not been well tested?

Mark Jaffe | (408) 972-9638 (home)
Chief Wizard | (408) 807-1530 (cell/page/voicemail)
Computer Wizards | (425) 795-6421 (FAX)
wizards@wizdev.net | http://www.wizdev.net/