Xconfigurator -- Out of Scan Range Result

Subject: Xconfigurator -- Out of Scan Range Result
From: Tom Piotrowski (tompio@airmail.net)
Date: Sat Jul 14 2001 - 14:39:20 MDT

Howdy,

Feeling bold (and now feeling stupid), I set 'video' instead of 'text'
at the last parameter entry of Xconfigurator. Now, with my Mac
7600/120 - Sony Multiscan PS400, YDL 2.0 configuration, I get 'Scan
out of range' on the monitor when Linux passes from the text screen
to X for logging on; the monitor is completely unuseable in that
state.

TIA if you can tell me what how to get out of this fix, short of
re-installing the system. It seems like there ought to be a service
that could be not started, or some control key combination to drop me
back into text mode login.

In Xconfigurator I selected Sony GDM PS400/..., 1024x768, thousands
which should have worked. Earlier I used Apple multiscan 17",
1024x768, thousands and that worked.

TIA,
tom

Thomas F Piotrowski