Re: Compiling RTL82139 module?

Subject: Re: Compiling RTL82139 module?
From: Aake Svensson (aakesve@algonet.se)
Date: Sun Jul 15 2001 - 10:40:15 MDT

Thanks for the help with kernel problem!

But now there are new problems with the compiling. Using the command:

"gcc -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__ -I /usr/src/linux-2.2.4/include/ -Wall
-Wstrict-prototypes -O6 -c rtl8139.c"

will get these warnings:

"In function 'rtl8139_open'
675: structure has no member 'tbusy' "

  and many more (the members missing are tbusy, interrupt, start)
When using the command "head 675 rtl8139.c" it goes to line 675 in
the file rtl8139.c which reads "dev->tbusy=0;" ( the line before is:
"rtl_hw.start (dev);" ).

Whats wrong? Are there any packages I need to install from the YDL
2.0 CD's? (First time I installed YDL I tried the complete full
install (without caffeine) and it failed, so went for the Home Office
install instead which installed smoothly.) Or have I given the wrong
commands to gcc?

Best regards,

Åke Svensson, Sweden (first time compiling, ever)