YD2.0 install on PPC7500 - BootX Extension Unimplemented Trap

Subject: YD2.0 install on PPC7500 - BootX Extension Unimplemented Trap
From: Tae H. Han (taeh@seas.ucla.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2001 - 10:50:53 MDT

Hi

I have inherited a PPC7500 and am trying to install YD2.0. I've read
through the installation page and performed a search on the archives and
usenet. So far, I haven't been able to determine what I am doing wrong.
Let me explain what I've tried:

I have 2 partitions (Eventually I want to completely remove MacOS), one
with MacOS and the other unallocated. I successfully installed the
BootX installer and then restarted. The BootX menu comes up with the
appropriate options, but then no matter what combination of ramdisk (image
or text, compress or uncompressed) or video settings I use I get the
following error:

Sorry a system error has occurred
."BootX Extension"
 unimplemented trap