Installation died. Can no longer see hard drives

Subject: Installation died. Can no longer see hard drives
From: Tae H. Han (taeh@seas.ucla.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 20 2001 - 12:34:44 MDT

Hi again

Thanks to all for the help on my last question. Now that BootX is
running, I tried to install YD, however, during the installation (format
step), the installer died. I tried to reinstall again, but now it no
longer detects the hard drive. Thinking that I could simply reformat
(initialize), I did, reinstalled MacOS and tried to install again. But
the installer still does not see the hard drive (All the parameters are
the same as when it worked before including SCSI on).

On a side note, does MacOS and YD Linux use the same partition table?

Thanks

Tae