Disk Error while Installing YDL 2.0 on a Performa 6400

Subject: Disk Error while Installing YDL 2.0 on a Performa 6400
From: Nate LaCourse (nate@cibo.dhs.org)
Date: Fri Jul 20 2001 - 17:32:35 MDT

Hi all,

I'm new to this list, so I'm sorry if this has been covered before. I have a
Performa 6400/200 which I'm trying to install YDL 2.0 on. When I get to
the point in the install process where I'm supposed to partition out my
drive (using fdisk, I assume), I get the following error dialog:

----
There was a problem opening /dev/hda :

Error: The partition's data region doesn't occupy the entire partiton. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------

Whatever the hell _that_ means. I've tried killing off all partitons (except for my HFS, etc.), and just having Apple_Free; no joy. I've tried partitioning out my drive beforehand; again, no joy.

Anyone know what's wrong? Have fun, Nate -- Dig: http://cibo.dhs.org/ Talk: nate@REMOVEcibo.ALLdhs.CAPSorg --