Re: yaboot.conf details for Triple Boot?

Subject: Re: yaboot.conf details for Triple Boot?
From: Ian Collier (iancollier@btinternet.com)
Date: Sat Jul 21 2001 - 07:52:32 MDT

>You can bypass yaboot entirely and choose which OS to boot by
>holding down the Option key at startup and entering Open Firmware.
>This is the method I use and it works flawlessly everytime.

On my PowerBook G3 (Pismo) I find I have to avoid option+C method or
my YellowDog installation won't boot (can't see a boot disk on the
relevant partition and defaults to OS 9). YellowDog, OS 9 and OS X
both boot perfectly from Yaboot.

The Open Firmware command line works for setting the default boot
partition to the linux bootsrap partition.

Others' milage may (indeed probably does) vary, but I'd be interested
if anyone has any insight. Given that I have something that works I'm
not losing any sleep over it. :-)

That apart the yaboot.conf entries below look similar to mine.

--Ian