Re: Mac On Linux question

Subject: Re: Mac On Linux question
From: Andrei Verovski (andrei.verovski@parks.lv)
Date: Mon Jul 23 2001 - 01:01:46 MDT

>Was following the Mac On Linux setup instructions that come at the
>end of the Guide to Installing YDL2.0 manual and have a question
>about the following line:
>
>cp /mnt/macos/System Folder/"Mac OS ROM" /usr/lib/mol/rom/rom.nw
>
>My System Folder doesn't seem to have a "Mac OS ROM." What is it and
>where should it have come from?
>
>-Ben

1) What hardware (old-world, new-world) do you have?
2) Which MacOS and MOL version you are using?

Please note that MOL 0.9.58 and less need stripped ROM image, MOL 0.9.59
need ROM image inside /usr/lib/mol/rom/ but not stripped, MOL 0.9.6 can
load MacOS ROM directly from System Folder.

The simplest way is to copy MacOS ROM to HFS boot partition (and remove
spaces from file name), mount it from Linux, and run strip_nwrom.

See my web site (Linux Tips and Trcks) for more info.

* Best Regards --- Andrei Verovski *
* e-mail --- andrei.verovski@bigfoot.com *
* *
* Personal Home Page *
* http://homepage.mac.com/macgurutemple/ *
* Mac, Linux, DTP, Development, IT WEB Site *